+

Monday, November 28, 2011

What Women Want

Diamonds.  Right??

Not this lady.  What I want... is to bake like my Grandma.  And boy howdy, I did it!!

Check these puppies out...

Grandma's Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Cookies

They're kind of a secret recipe, only not really.  The recipe has been shared, but most people who've tried it haven't quite gotten it right.  So, with the recipe in hand, and a few tips from my Dad (the only person I know to have successfully replicated them, although one of my many aunts may have done it) I gave it a whirl.  After just a few minor adjustments to the baking time, I did it.  And they were amazing.

There was one enormous small problem.  My Grandma had 9 children.  This recipe made enough for 9 CHILDREN.  I realized after 3 batches coming out of the oven and it looking like I hadn't even put a dent in the bowl of dough, that I'd have to continue baking the next day.


They are Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Alex had never tried them before.  (I was secretly hoping he'd LOVE them so I'd have an excuse to make them more often, but also secretly hoping he wouldn't care for them, so I could freeze them and eat them all over the course of the rest of the year...ok, so there weren't that many... but I could have eaten them all over a month or two.)

The verdict:  He loves them. 

"They taste kinda like mini-muffins.  You know, the kind in the little bags.  And they're all round on top, so you should call them Muffin Tops!"

Maybe I will... 
may...be...I...will... (said in Britta's voice)





1 comment: