+

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Little Debbie > Hostess


Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...a conversation between Alex and me after sharing a Little Debbie Valentine cake thing.  
We don't ever buy these things, but Alex did the grocery shopping this time so I wasn't surprised to hear that he had gotten me a Valentine surprise and "they were two for three dollars!!"


Alex: See? I told you you'd like them.

Me: You can't say you got me a surprise if it's not the one I like.  Oatmeal Cream Pies are way better... but these are pretty good.

Alex:  No way, Zebra cakes are the best.  And these are basically pink Zebra cakes.  Either way, they'll be on sale for a while, so we can get more if we need to.

Me (Being the dessert fiend I am): There's a Hostess Outlet Store on the way to the grocery store!

Alex: Ummm...These are Little Debbies.

Me (Talking like I know everything...because I do.) : Hostess makes Little Debbie things.

Alex: No, they don't.

(I didn't believe him so I checked the box, and they conveniently left off the little Hostess symbol...Probably because Hostess doesn't make Little Debbies, but whatever.)

Me: Fine. They don't.  Do they make Oatmeal Cream Pies?  

Alex: Nope.  They make Twinkies and Ho Hos and other crappy stuff.

Me: Ughghghg...That's why they have an outlet store and Little Debbie doesn't!  Forget you, Hostess!  Nobody likes you!

Alex (Matching my unbelievable and unnecessary fury) : Yeah!  Little Debbie wins the baking contest! (mashes buttons on phone) See?  Look at all these delicious treats!

Alex (cont'd.): Yep. WAAAY better than Hostess...although I think their Donette things are OK.


Me: No.  Gross.  They taste like wax.

Alex: Yeah, kind of.  Anyway, goodnight!

Me: Night!

And we're off to dreamy land, everyone... While visions of Oatmeal Cream Pies dance in our heads...MMMmmm...Or at least my head... I suppose Alex was dreaming of Zebra cakes. 


Original photo sources: Here, here, and here...but I made them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment