+

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Statue Baby and Acid Trips (Not Really)

So, I've never had an acid trip.  (Or any substance-induced trip, for that matter.)  But if I had to imagine what it would be like, it would be just like the Baby Van Gogh video by Baby Einstein.  If you've never seen it, I wouldn't recommend doing so while under-the-influence.  

OK, all joking aside, it's mostly nice baby music, puppets, and toys.  But the sound effects they add to the toys and the types of toys they chose are so crazy.  

Did I mention it has magic powers?  Not even kidding.  This video turns a very active, crawly, standy, screechy, must-pull-on-everything-y eight month old into a statue.  As soon as Amelia hears the music start, she stops what she's doing, and watches the. whole. thing.  And she only blinks like twice. (That's not true, but I swear she knows I'm watching for it and stops blinking! She's crafty, that baby.  But not too crafty for Baby Van Gogh, apparently!) 

So, I decided to test out my theory today.  I placed Amelia in the middle of the floor...

...like this...

and when I came back from doing some laundry, she looked like this...
 OK, yes. It's the same picture.  But I didn't think to take a picture before I started folding laundry.  (Don't worry, our living room is completely blocked in and baby-proofed, and I was just on the other side of the counter where I could hear her.)  Of course, as soon as it was over, it was back to baby-chasing.  But hey, I'll take 30 minutes if I can get it! 
The new challenge?  Try not to abuse the baby-statue-ing-acid-trippy power I've been handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment